Hope is defined in the dictionary as a “feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen” and as a “feeling of trust.” The Bible’s definition of hope tells us that hope is more than just a feeling. Hope is a firm and secure “anchor for the soul.” A Christian hopes for what is yet unseen, while waiting for it patiently.
Pastor John Piper said that hope grows from “the grace of God and the gospel of Christ.” He said that what sustains hope are the promises of God and the Word of God. Piper added that hope bears joy, love, boldness, and endurance. Christianity Daily compiled a list of ten Bible verses on hope.
Bible Verses About Hope:
1) For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. – Jeremiah 29:11
2) Know that wisdom is such to your soul; if you find it, there will be a future, and your hope will not be cut off. – Proverbs 24:14
3) so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. – Titus 3:7
4) For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience. – Romans 8:24-25
5) Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. – Romans 12:12
6) May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. –Romans 15:13
7) Though he slay me, I will hope in him; yet I will argue my ways to his face. – Job 13:15
8) Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. – Hebrews 11:1
9) And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. – 1 Corinthians 13:13
10) We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, - Hebrews 6:19